Friday, August 3, 2012

Improv Storytelling with Kids

Now and then, I'll bring you my discoveries from the files of "cool stuff for small people." This one is super cool. A game that’s pocket-sized, portable, easy-to-understand, fun for kids about age 5+ as well as adults, and sparks creativity and storytelling? Check out Rory's Story Cubes. This simple game is genius: roll the dice and using the images that land face-up, such as a turtle, a bridge or a question mark, tell a story on the fly that somehow strings the pictures together.This game was hugely popular with my 6 year old, who calls them "story dice" and my mother-in-law. Sometimes they played them as they fell and sometimes they set a theme before rolling, such as "My Summer Vacation," and then made up to story to fit the theme.

And did I mention this game runs for under $10?! Check it out the next time you’re on the lookout for a unique kids birthday gift, travel game or a gift to the classroom.


Rory's Story Cubes Storytelling Dice Game for Kids
 

No comments:

Post a Comment